Sunday 29 April 2012

Soap & Glory Sunday: Glam-A-Lot Body Spray


It’s Sunday again, which means it’s time for another Soap & Glory product. This week it’s one of the brands body sprays, Glam-A -Lot. 

Here’s what Soap & Glory say: There are times you need a little glam, and times you need to Glam-a-lot. We recommend deploying this during the latter. 

A super sexy, warm, rich, racy, and veritably voluptuous fragrant body spray with fresh flowers layered on a woody, vanilla musk base. 


This is actually one of the Soap & Glory products I’ve seen mentioned quite a few times on various different blogs and forums, so when I spotted it in my Christmas goodie bag, I was eager to give it a sniff. The scent is packaged in a 250ml, purple, plastic bottle. I find some of Soap & Glory’s packaging to be a bit busy and girly for my taste, but I guess it’s different, fun and a little bit retro. Besides, it’s what’s inside that counts, right? And what’s inside of the Glam-A-Lot bottle is a really delicious, feminine fragrance.


S&G’s fragrance description is a fairly accurate one. The vanilla and musk base is quite strong, really pleasant and not overly sweet. Vanilla is not one of my favourite scents, but mixed with the flowers in Glam-A-Lot, I really like it. It’s fresh and floral, with a sweet creaminess from the warm, vanilla/musk base. It’s quite a strong scent, but as it’s a body spray, it’s hard to over-do, and isn’t over powering. 

Considering Glam-A-Lot is just a body spray/mist, I wasn’t really expecting too much in terms of lasting power, but it actually lingers for quite a while after it’s been applied. In fact, when I spritz it on before bed, I still catch a very faint whiff of the yummy scent in the morning. Pretty impressive for a body spray!


Overall, I think Glam-A-Lot is a fabulous, inexpensive body mist. The scent is feminine and lovely and fairly long-lasting, too. Out of the products I’ve tried from the S&G range so far, this is definitely one of my favourites. I’ve been reaching for this a lot since I received it, on days when I don’t wear perfume or want something lighter, and I will definitely be repurchasing when my bottle runs out. I imagine the liquid spray will be quite cooling and refreshing during, the warmer, summer months, too, so will definitely be keeping a bottle handy for then.

Available from Boots (£6.50 for a pretty large 250ml bottle)

Have you tried Glam-A-Lot? Are any of the other scents from the S&G range worth checking out?

2 comments:

  1. I haven't tried Glam A Lot but I'm a big fan of Soap and Glory in general and this sounds lovely! Hope you had a great weekend xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a really nice spray and pretty long-lasting, too! I'm tempted to give one of the others a go, actually. Hope you had a nice weekend, too :) x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate and read each and every one of them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...